A. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE
B. AGREEMENT OF TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Please note that in using or accessing the Website or by using the services or products we provide through the Website (the “Services”), you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to accept all the terms of the Agreement (including these Terms and Conditions of Use) which may be amended from time to time at our sole discretion. By using our Services and/or accessing our Website, you signify your agreement to comply with and to be bounded by the Agreement. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with the Agreement, you should not use or access the Website.
All content included on this Website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips and software, is the property of the Company and/or its affiliates, licensors and partners and their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “GeneHarbor and/or its related parties”). The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of GeneHarbor and/or its related parties. All software used on this Website is the property of GeneHarbor and/or its related parties. All the content, compilation and software are protected by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China ("Hong Kong"). Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the content on this Website is prohibited unless the Company’s prior written consent is obtained.
E. PERSONAL DATA
2) Collection of Personal Data
Generally speaking, we do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required in order to gain access to any information provided by our Website.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes, services or when you subscribe with us. The personal data which you may be requested to provide us includes (but is not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, gender. address and country, and they are set out in the respective screens on our Website which invite you to provide your data. Refusal to supply personal data may result in us being unable to process your request. Once you subscribe with us, you are not anonymous to us.
Our web servers may also collect personal data relating to your online session or your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested, for the purpose of providing aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server's usage.
All personal data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis.
3) Purpose for Collection of Personal Data
GeneHarbor collects your personal data for the following purposes:
- the provision of the Company's or its business partners' Services, products or facilities to you (including to improve our provision of such Services, products or facilities to you);
- carrying out your instructions or responding to your questions, enquiries or requests;
- [if you so agree, to provide you with marketing communications];
- forming part of customer data base necessary for the operation by the Company;
- observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which the Company or other class of data recipient, are subject; and/or
- any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of any of the above.
GeneHarbor will take all practicable steps to ensure that the personal data so collected are accurate. However, your efforts to provide accurate personal data upon subscription of with the Company's Services and thereafter to update the Company of any change of your personal data are always welcome.
5) Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
Unless GeneHarbor hears from you to the contrary upon subscription or receives subsequent notice from you, GeneHarbor may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data was collected, provide such personal data to the following parties:
- employees and officers of the Company;
- any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company;
- contractors/sub-contractors, business partners and agents of the Company;
- the court or regulatory body with subpoenas, court orders or for the purpose of legal process.
6) Access and Correction
You have full control and ability to correct or edit your personal data stored with us or your preferences at any time, including whether you want us to contact you about promotional offers and new products and services.
You may request your right of access or right of correction by sending us your written request at the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will, upon satisfying ourselves of the authenticity and validity of the access or correction request, make every endeavor to comply with and respond to the request within the period set by the applicable statutory requirement.
Data security is our top priority. We strive to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data. Encryption technology may be employed for the transmission of personal data collected online. Also, our web servers are protected by data security measures and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access.
8) Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless contrary to any applicable statutory requirement.
10) Direct Marketing
If you subscribe with us and have provided your consent in relation to receiving direct marketing materials, we may from time to time send you product and promotional emails or notifications about our services, and offers on new products, services, promotions or contests. If you do not wish to receive these updates or information, you may unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications at any time by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com [or to click the email footer “unsubscribe” link]. In accordance with the statutory requirements, the Company will honor your request not to use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Unless otherwise instructed as per the above, the Company may use any of your personal data collected in the normal course of our business for marketing purposes.
You must provide us with accurate, complete and updated information for subscription purpose.
You may cancel your subscription with us at any time by giving us prior written notice.
We may at any time cancel your subscription if we reasonably believe that you have caused any breach of any applicable laws or any terms and conditions of this Website.
F. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
This Website and the Services are provided by GeneHarbor on an "as is", “as available” basis. GeneHarbor and/or its related parties does not make any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Website or the accuracy or completeness of the information, content, materials, services or products included on this Website. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, GeneHarbor and/or its related parties disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. GeneHarbor and/or its related parties shall not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, whether negligent or not, arising from the use of this Website. In no event with GeneHarbor, its officers, shareholders, employees, agents, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or licensors be responsible for any incidental, indirect, punitive special, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever (including damages for loss of profits, loss of goodwill, interruption, loss of business information or any pecuniary loss) in connection with any claim, loss, damage, action, suit or other proceeding arising under or out of this Agreement, including without limitation your use of, reliance upon, access to, or use of the Website, or any part thereof, or any rights granted to you hereunder, even if GeneHarbor has been advised of the possibility of such damages, whether the action is based on contract, tort (including negligence), infringement or intellectual property rights or otherwise. The foregoing however does not exclude GeneHarbor’s liability in respect of fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, gross negligence, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, which is not excludable under applicable law.
G. GENERAL PROVISIONS
If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use or the Agreement is found invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, they are to that extent deemed omitted without affecting the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use or the Agreement.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. By accessing this Website, you agree that such access and/or use, as well as these Terms and Conditions of Use in this Website shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.
In case of inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of the Agreement, the English version shall prevail.
H. SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services ("Service Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Services-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
K. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
L. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
To be eligible to use the Services, you must be at least 18 years of age and have legal capacity to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, and your use of the Services must not violate any applicable law or regulation in the jurisdiction in which you reside. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to use the Services. However, parents and legal guardians who are otherwise eligible to use the Services may use the Services to obtain information for or on behalf of their children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children under 18 has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
A. DATA COLLECTION AND USE
Your personal data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our website, use our services, register or communicate with us.
The categories of personal data that we may collect, process and use will include:-
- your personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, fax number, correspondence address and email address;
- your interests, preferences, opinions and feedback;
- your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us; and
- details of your visits to our website and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles.
We may not collect, process and use your sensitive personal data unless your explicit consent has been granted to us.
Your personal data may be processed and/or used by us for the following main purposes:-
- to provide our information and services to you;
- to respond to your questions, enquiries or requests;
- to mail communications, publications, invitations and the like as you may select, request or as we may consider to be relevant to you;
- for general market research; and
- for registration or enrollment of events and courses organized by us or our business partners.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data are as follows:-
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
- Contract performance: where we are required to collect and handle your personal data in order to provide you with the services that we have contractually agreed to provide to you.
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
- Public interest: where we need to process your personal data in order to carry out a task that is in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests: where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data or information and such purpose is not outweighed by any interests that you may have, or any prejudice that you may suffer, from the relevant use of your personal data.
We may use your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes. We may communicate marketing and promotions to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you at no charge. You may also opt out by contacting us via mail to: Units 710 to 711, 7/F, Lakeside 2, No. 10 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
C. DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
D. DATA SHARING
We keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law. We do not share or disclose any of your personal data with other companies or organizations without your prior consent. However, certain information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:-
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website;
- business partners of the events that you have registered; and/or
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
E. DATA RETENTION
Our retention period for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. Where personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the data.
F. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:-
- access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted (subject to a reasonable charge);
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority; and
- instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
G. CONTACTING US
For any data access and correction request or exercise of your rights, please send to us by mail to: Units 710 to 711, 7/F, Lakeside 2, No. 10 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: email@example.com